I have written a handful of posts since actually publishing one on February 27. None that I have been happy with. Do other blogger’s do this? I read about blogger’s who plan out their blog ideas months/weeks down the road and then sit down and actually write according to the plan! That is…not something I have been able to do. At all. I can see it if you blog about food or decorating or crafts. But I know blogger’s who blog about random junk like I do and they blog on a schedule and plan. Clearly, I am not as disciplined and do not have as much to say. My favorite go-to is still A List. For example:
1. My house is decorated in that awkward between-seasons style. And by “decorated” I mean I put out a couple of ceramic bunnies. Next to the remaining Christmas decorations.
2. I do know, however, that it is Spring due to this sighting: the ants are back in town. Specifically, their favorite hang-out…the fireplace tile in the living room. Let ant war twenty-thirteen begin.
3. Speaking of Spring, apparently summer is just around the corner. And while I have been working out semi-regularly for months now, I haven’t lost a pound. I finally realized it is time to get serious about eating. It’s not like I haven’t been aware that my eating is a…the…problem, but I’m just easing into getting serious about it. Since I’m a book freak, you can imagine I have a ton of books on healthy eating. Let’s not go so far as to call it a “diet.” Such negative connotations. So I pulled this book out of the stack next to the chair in the living room and my mission, should I choose to accept it, is to come up with a working eating plan for myself and for my family. Which is impossible since we are all trying to lose weight except for the Wild Boy who we are trying to pack pounds on.
4. I haven’t been to the gym in over a week due to an old foot injury that is acting up. I’m almost at the point of going to the doctor. Almost. Usually, I am able to baby the foot and get back to life. It’s true, apparently, that turning 50ish really begins to take a toll on one’s healing ability.
5. Big goings on in our household today. The new wheels and tires are in for my red Jeep. The one that I never drive; the one that has been all dolled up with whiz bang lights and a new license plate and camo seat covers. All of which I would have picked out. Except, not so much. So My Man and the Wild Boy have headed to their bff, Dave, who does most of the work on my red Jeep, to mount and install one wheel and one tire so that
I the Wild Boy can decide if these are really the wheels and tires I he wants on the red Jeep. Spoiled much? Thankfully, or maybe not so thankfully, My Man is this way with all of our children. And with me, too. He spoils all of us. And please don’t email me/comment with the good intention of trying to show us the evil of spoiling our children. It won’t do any good. It’s too late. They are officially spoiled and we will do what all spoilers of children do…send them off to college to figure it all out. And, they will and have.
Time to get a move on here at Smith Abbey. Need to get working on my blog-writing plan. Or not. More like laundry, cleaning, cooking and meal planning. I’ll let you know how it’s all going…sometime in the future. That’s as close to a plan as I’ll most likely get.
Love you guys.