A list! Hooray!
- My Girl had piercing blue eyes (just like her maternal great-grandfather’s) until she was about two years old. Now they are a wicked green (just like her momma’s).
- At five feet, seven and one-half inches tall, My Girl was an all-district outside hitter and successfully and repeatedly blocked opponents who were always much taller than she.
- My Girl plays the drums and has an awesome singing voice.
- My Girl totally destroyed every connective tissue in her knee a year and a half ago and is just now able to be serious about her running and workouts again. Alas, volleyball is pretty much always going to be a no-no for her for the rest of her life. (And that goes for soccer, too, missy.)
- But she can coach. She got that gene from her Dad-o.
- My Girl is fluent in German. And apparently has a talent for languages, including Sign Language. She did not get that gene from her parents.
- My Girl always turned down candy if there was fruit available; especially grapes. She is still a huge fruit lover and not so much a candy lover.
- My Girl is an awesome writer. She does not know that she has this talent, but her momma knows. And has evidence to prove it.
- My Girl loves musicals. Yes, she does even though she will deny it.
- My Girl has a bit of the rebel in her…and she definitely got that gene from her momma.
Bonus #11. My Girl is the most sensitive, compassionate and loving person I know. Period.
Here are just a few of my fave pics of My Girl…she is so going to want to kill me; but, if I hear One Word about them from her I will post The Tigger Photo. Oh yes. I will.
Happy 21st Birthday, Sarah Kaye Smith! You bring unending joy to us!