Prepare yourself, big time random coming up! *as if you couldn’t tell by the title*
1. First off, y’all know I love me some Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Tony, Ziva, McGee, Abby & Vance are my bff’s in tv land. But seriously, the 200th episode this week? Well, I was dumbfounded. Speechless. In shock. As it ended, I turned to My Man *with tears in my eyes* and said, “Honey? WHAT THE HECK?” Anyone else have this reaction? I had prepared myself with drinks, snacks and, of course, tissues. I was too stunned to drink, eat or cry. What did y’all think? I truly contemplated spending today in bed…mourning.
2. In case y’all didn’t get the word, I was out of town last week. I snuck *sneaked?* down to Roanoke to surprise my mom with a visit. She had a lung biopsy scheduled the next day. Thankfully, the biopsy came by negative. She has a follow-up appointment with her oncologist today, if y’all wouldn’t mind tossing up a prayer for her.
3. We had all decided to be in Roanoke over the weekend and my peeps did not disappoint. Russell, Sarah, Brett, Harlee and Travis arrived around 11:30. Travis and Harlee had been thoroughly prepared for the circus that is the Wheeler/Odenthal/Smith/Wilhelm family gathering. And we were definitely in rare form this weekend. Surprisingly, or maybe not so much, Harlee and Travis weren’t scared off. Truthfully, they fit right in and were hugged and smooched on as befitting members of our family. That’s how we roll.
4. Cleaning. I just threw that one in there to make it interesting, but, really I was gone 6 days and the fur and dirt dust bunnies absolutely, positively exploded while I was gone like they were on steroids or something. I have filled up the vacuum bags. Twice. Seriously. I have vacuumed every day trying to catch up. Surprisingly, the boxes in my basement, dining room and on the back porch actually seemed less encompassing.
5. There has to be a number five…stopping at four just doesn’t feel right.
Let’s catch up. Soon. Love y’all.