I have been working on a post this morning. It just didn’t come together like I wanted it to/thought it should. So I’m stepping back to punt.
- we (Wild Boy and I) both fell back asleep this morning.
- he was late to school, grumpier than usual and I have mommy-guilt out the wazoo.
- and it’s drizzling.
- it’s already 8:25 and I’ve accomplished nothing.
- oh! I did empty the dishwasher.
- my Christmas tree is still nekked.
- my excuse for the nekked tree is “we are waiting for Shawn to get home so we can decorate the tree as A Family.)
- And I’m stickin’-to-it.
- my bible study materials, bible, journal, etc., are all stacked up on the couch.
- Untouched for days.
- this post has turned into a “the confessions of a soon-to-be-50-something mom.”
- being a teenager is hard.
- being the parent of a teenager is really hard.
- I had my entire week planned out and nothing is going the way I planned it.
- I hate that.
- I expected that.
- I am struggling with some jealousy and guilt this morning.
- Those two together are wicked ugly.
- closing this post with Psalm 6:11: “You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.” HCSB
Love you guys. See y’all soon.