Why is it that on the Monday morning that you have decided to institute an entirely new morning routine the following stars align to totally screw it up:
1. No sleep during the night.
2. Hubs gets up at 4, yes FOURINTHEMORNING, to shower, get dressed and head to the airport for a 7 am flight to the West Coast.
3. After he leaves, you FINALLY fall asleep.
4. Which causes you to sleep through your alarm.
5. And your children showering.
6. But the angry screams of your 17 year old daughter jerk you back to consciousness and, unfortunately, reality.
7. Because she is getting ready to head out the door but has just discovered that her cat, who has never in his (soon-to-be-short-lived) four years on this planet, NEVER, EVER peed anywhere but in his kitty litter box, decided to pee on her blanket. And shirts. And other clothing (STILL ON HER FLOOR, BY THE WAY).
8. So your entirely new morning routine has been expanded to include touching (and by touching I also mean smelling) every inch of your home to ensure that said cat (did I mention it was her stinkin’ cat? and that he might not live through his next 8 lives?) hasn’t been peeing all over the house for awhile and no one has smelled it because, ya know, our sinuses and heads have been so stuffed up for the past three months that we couldn’t smell anything, to include said daughter’s sports bag which, let me tell ya, our neighbor can smell. From inside her house.
9. And you HAVE to go pick up your meds today because you haven’t had time to do it for FOUR DAYS and now it is CRITICAL or someone is going to die. And by someone, I mean one of my children. most likely the owner of that )(*&%$$) stinkin’ cat!!!!
(big sigh). Okay, it is now 10:19 and I haven’t showered yet. I haven’t eaten anything yet and my first cup of coffee is only half-drunk and stone cold and I still have to go to Walmart to get life-saving meds and stop by B&R and pick up an ice cream cake for sweet Beth and oh, by the way, I HAVE TO GO TO WORK SOMETIME TODAY.
Thank you for listening. I hope to talk about Memory Monday later. Say…Friday maybe?
Love you guys….