1. Being able to sip my morning triplegrandewholemilklatte in my jammies because I have a teenager who got out of bed (after considerable banging on the wall), pulled warm clothes on, chipped the ice off the car, and drove to Starbucks so I wouldn’t have to.
2. Dieting without even trying to because there is no food in the fridge, pie safe or pantry.
3. Realizing I don’t need 8 hours of sleep after staying awake late to wait for a teenager to get home and still having to get up early.
4. Regretting not buying stock in toiletries and make-up companies.
5. I don’t have to mow the grass.
6. Or pick up the dog poo in the yard.
7. Or clean the kitchen.
8. Being called “mom” by a dozen teenagers that don’t even have our last name.
9. All of “the good” has made me forget any of “the bad”.
10. The quiet when they are all out…knowing they will all soon be home for the night.