Thanks so much for the prayers! I totally felt them. I was able to sleep fairly well last night and woke up a bit refreshed. And, after a great quiet time this morning, am feeling a bit more calm. We have a ton of crap coming down on us right now and it is always stressful wondering when the next shoe will drop and from where.
Thankfully, we are all healthy, have jobs, each other and know The One True God.
My heart aches for those less fortunate than us and I feel horribly guilty when we have a string of “stuff” happen that gets me fearful, anxious, down…when we are just so incredibly blessed!
So, I’m trying to focus on the blessings we have and decided I needed to publicly list some of them here and I ask YOU to list some blessings in YOUR life, too.
Here we go:
1. Health. Yes, I have two frozen shoulders and the daily therapy and exercises is brutal, but as I was reminded by bff, Lori, it is temporary and otherwise, I and my family are in good health.
2. Home. We have a warm, safe home. Yes, it needs a ton of work and has the entire 14 years we’ve lived her. But we’re busy raising our three children and focusing on them and there is, I pray, time to do the cosmetic things. Thank You, Jesus, that we are able to focus on our children and each other right now.
3. Jobs. I have to admit that the current economic situation has me anxious and prone to panic attacks. But, we have two well-paying and secure jobs and, even though we are always so stupid with our spending, God continues to bless us. It is time to do better with our $$. Thank you, Dave Ramsey.
4. Family. We have the most incredible children. I take NO CREDIT whatsoever for them. It is all God, all the time. All three of our children know Him and love Him and I am so stinkin’ thankful for that…I can’t begin to tell you! They may not grow up to be rocket scientists or brain surgeons, but they are grounded, loving, compassionate and know their Lord and Savior intimately.
5. Friends. Who is a (wo)man who has no friends? I have the most amazing friends. And I totally do not deserve them. And that includes you. My core group of girls…physically near or far (Sweet Jill)…those I’ve physically hugged and those I haven’t…I am so very thankful for each and every one of you. The women I have met here in the bloggysphere…you totally blow me away with your wisdom, spiritual connectivity, love and friendship.
So…you see…I do recognize how blessed I am and I need to continually lift my praise to the One Who has blessed me beyond measure.
Hugs and love to all of you.