After three straight days of volleyball and then three hours shopping for a prom dress (no luck) I don’t even know the date this morning.
I have a lot to say. And I will. Eventually. But first, I need to catch up here. Brett is home sick today. I haven’t been in the office pretty much since Thursday afternoon and the two boys have been home by themselves since Friday. You can see that I’ll be busy.
We arrived home to this picture yesterday. Sarah was asleep when we pulled up. I had to wait about five minutes for her to be awake enough to even notice it.
It’s hard to read but basically it says, “Sorry this is late” (he had already asked her by phone). The beach ball reads, “Prom?” and the other lettering reads, “with Matt?”
I had started a post last week about the break-up between Sarah and PJ. But it just became too much. So, here is the condensed version:
Girl is “unhappy”. Breaks up with Boy.
Girl cries for two days.
Girl gets back together with Boy.
Boy comes by house. Boy ignores parents.
Girl gets butt chewed.
Girl is still “unhappy” with Boy and wants advice from Mom.
Mom not that stupid.
Girl breaks up with Boy. Boy wants Girl to be “happy”.
Girl and Boy decide breakup is “mutual” and “amicable”.
Break-up turns ugly.
Break-up announced on Facebook (aka cnn.com).
Girl’s cell phone rings immediately. And buzzes endlessly.
Girl’s home phone rings immediately. Doesn’t stop.
Girl is (and who knew) hot commodity.
Friend of Girl’s Brother calls and asks Girl to Prom. As “friends”.
Girl says yes, knowing Brother’s Friend has had a crush on her for two years.
Boy begins calling and texting and IMing Girl.
Misses Girl. Says, “don’t go to Prom with Brother’s Friend”.
Mom chimes in with, “don’t even think about it”.
Mom now stuck with helping Girl find Prom dress. And shoes.
They are so on my heart this week.
1. Rarely says what she’s thinking. It’s just too scary for people to hear.
2. Wonders what this entire “twitter” thing is about? What the??? As if we don’t all spend enough time online, texting, blogging, and surfing????
3. Loves Chick-fil-a and ain’t afraid to make anyone stop at every single cfa we go by.
4. Could (and currently is) eating choc chip cookies with a side o’ milk for dinner.
5. Is having a difficult time squeezing into her “stretchy, safe jeans” (see #4 above, apparently).
6. Just wants to run away sometimes. And does. And then people come find her. And drag her back. Kicking and screaming. And grateful.
7. Is really, really ticked that she is not going to the Outer Banks this summer. For the second summer in a row. Something about sending a kid off to college and all the expenses that entails and oh, yeah, we spent 10 days at Disney over Christmas. SO????
8. Would like a laptop. Or a Mac iBook (is that what they’re called?).
9. Is feeling like God is hiding His face from her in order for her to have a time in the desert.
10. Knows that times in the desert make her a stronger girl. A girl that continues to grow.
11. Hates the time in the desert.
12. Loves the growth.
13. Has gotten into the disgusting habit of not washing her face before bedtime. How the heck did that happen? Lazy, lazy, lazy!
14. Is really mad that Jill is moving away. Mad at Jill. Seriously, mad.
15. Is about ready to say what she is really thinking so will sign off now. To wash her face.
I’m not sure what has happened. I didn’t ask for it to happen, but it has. And this is may-jhor, girls!
I have actually been drinking coffee other than Starbucks.
No, I swear it’s true!
The weirdest part is that I’m drinking coffee that, in the not-so-distant-past, I totally turned my nose up at!
It all began when I got ticked off at Starbucks, yet again. I don’t know why I keep going back, but I always do. It’s the Cafe Verona. I can’t help it. It’s truly Nectar of the gods.
So, back to my story. I stomped out of Starbucks in a snit and decided to go to Whole Foods for
some free breakfast grocery shopping and decided to give their 365 Brand Colombian Coffee Beans another try. They had been okay before but definitely not Verona. Vee, one of my coffee snob bff’s, swears by it.
That was a month ago. And, while I have been back into Starbucks, I have not bought any other beans to brew at home except for the 365 Colombian from Whole Foods. And it is yummy. Really yummy.
But, and here is where it gets really wacky, this morning I popped into McDonald’s for an egg McMuffin and decided to get coffee instead of oj (call me crazy and wild).
Hold onto your knickers…it was tasty. Darn tasty.
Clearly the End Times are upon us.
That is the only explanation that makes any sense.